Guild Wars 2: ArenaNets Reaktionen auf das erste BWE
Für alle, die sich nicht durch die Unmengen an Dev-Posts in den offiziellen Foren wühlen möchten, sind hier die wichtigsten Informationen:
Was passiert mit den Charakteren zwischen den BWEs?
Dazu ist wohl noch keine Entscheidung getroffen worden. Ob Charaktere zwischen den einzelnen BWEs gelöscht werden, hängt davon ab, was den Entwicklern das beste Feedback geben wird.
Post von Gaile Gray
That is not something the team has discussed externally. I am not sure that we have an answer, except to say that what takes place on accounts between events be it a full wipe, a partial wipe, or no wipe at all will be whats needed to get the best input from players and to look for and address bugs and gameplay issues.
Id imagine the devs will make a decision about this and mention what theyre going to do quite soon.
Ist Fernkampf wirklich stärker als Nahkampf?
Beide Spielstile sollen praktikabel sein. Im Nahkampf kann man mehr Schaden austeilen, muss aber geschickter spielen, um zu überleben. ArenaNet will noch an den Fertigkeiten basteln, um den Nahkämpfern mehr Gegnerkontrolle und Schadensvermeidung zu erlauben. Auf der anderen Seite soll sich die Gegner-KI weniger auf Nahkämpfer konzentrieren.
Dazu gibt Jon Peters noch ein paar Tipps, um im Nahkampf effektiver zu spielen.
Post von Jon Peters
Hey all. I wanted to talk about this a bit since it is a hot topic here and also on the internets. The intention is that both styles are viable. Certainly right now Melee is more difficult than ranged. There are some things we will try to do to address this, but I think the more you play you would find they are closer than you think.
First whats already there:
1) Melee does more damage. Melee damage is simply higher than ranged damage across the board.
2) Melee has more control. With a few intentional exception Melee has a lot more control than ranged.
What Melee needs:
1) defensive tools on more weapons, particularly on lower armor professions.
2) ai needs to favor Melee a bit less than it currently does.
Finally because of the more action based nature of combat Melee needs to be taught better. Effective Melee requires skills that translate over from FPS games which are notoriously harder on casual players. You have to wasd to move, constantly aim with your mouse camera, and hit skills on 1-5.
If you have learned any good Melee tips that you think we should pass on to newer players feel free to post them here. Ill start with a few tips of my own.
- If you dont have mouse look on when using a skill you will turn to face. I sometimes let go of mouse look as I activate to help me aim through the chaos and then click it back down in between attacks.
- Melee has a lot of hard hitting skills and good setup. Utility skills Can really help set up big Melee attacks. Bulls charge on warrior, scorpion wire on thief, judges intervention on guardian.
- know when to run. No matter what you are not a tank. You have to move in and out avoiding damage. If you have to soak damage try and bring boons like Protection and Regeneration or conditions like Blindness and the very undervalued Weakness.
Thanks for reading this all. Rest assured we will keep working on this and just keep in mind the subtle differences in GW2 combat that take a while to sink in.
Ist das Spiel im PvE zu schwierig?
Teilweise schon. Man wird daran arbeiten, den Schwierigkeitsgrad langsamer ansteigen zu lassen, um den Spielern Zeit zum Lernen zu geben. Ausserdem wird die Balance einzelner Events und Story-Abschnitte basierend auf dem Testerfeedback überarbeitet. Nicht zuletzt wird auch die Skalierung dynamischer Events nochmals verbessert.
Post von Andrew McLeod
Since theres a lot of topics and discussions on this, I figured Id make a post to let you guys know that were listening to your feedback on the matter, and there are valid points on both sides of the issue. In general, weve been fairly happy with the difficulty of the game in most places. However, were still in the process of working on PvE balance, so a lot of things will probably be adjusted and changed in the upcoming weeks. Heres some of the areas were looking into updating:
- New-player experience: It often takes people a while to get used to GW2 combat and learn to avoid attacks and learn what their skills do and how they work. Were looking at slowing down the rate in which we introduce different enemy mechanics so that new players have more of a chance to get accustomed to the game.
- Event scaling: Were looking at ways to make the scaling on a lot of events work better for large amounts of players.
- Monster balance: Some enemies are significantly more difficult than others while others arent very threatening- were working on updating the balance for both of these categories so that theres a more consistent difficulty level between various enemy types.
- Individual quest and event balance: Some events and personal story quests can be overly difficult, and were looking at identifying these places.
Again, thanks a lot for all the feedback on this- were always trying to make the game a great experience, and feedback from you guys on what youre enjoying and not enjoying helps us improve it.
Warum trifft mein AoE-Skill nicht alle Ziele in Reichweite?
Ein undokumentiertes Feature ist, dass alle AoE-Effekte maximal 5 Ziele treffen können. Das sollte in normalen Situationen reichen, verhindert aber Balancing-Probleme in grossen WvWvW-Schlachten.
Posts von Jon Peters
This is a general rule of our skill system. AoE attacks hit up to 5 targets. AoE buffs or heals can heal up to 5. We cap it at 5 because its the party size and lets us reign in the balance on AoE without impacting most normal situations. WvW is the one place where this shows up, but we believe the alternative is worse. Hope this helps
It prioritizes targets.
1) Your selected target assuming they are in range.
2) enemies based on proximity to you.
1) party members based on proximity to you
2) non party members based on proximity to you.
Hope that helps.
Das offizielle Betaforum von ArenaNet befindet sich zur Zeit nur noch im Lesemodus.